I recorded a simple workout most people can do by modifying weights or rep count to fit your level. FULL workout instructions and movement guidelines listed in the video description. ????
Upper Body Workout At Home – Dumbbells Only
* Can substitute dumbbells for water bottles and canned goods.
**With all movements keep your head aligned with your spine and contract your abs to keep your core muscles tight.
***Take your time with each movement.
Weights: 2-15 lbs. depending on level (Beginner – Intermediate – Advanced)
Reps: 8-15 Circuits/Sets: 3 Exercise
0:53 Arnold Press
1:26 Lateral Raise to Bicep Curl
2:01 Reverse Fly
2:34 Row to Tricep Dip
3:30 Shoulder Press (Supine)
4:32 Skull Crusher (Supine)
1. Arnold Press: Start holding 2 dumbbells directly in front of your face with arms bent at a 90-degree angle. Open arms out to the side, maintaining the bend at the elbow. From there, press arms up to full extension. Return to starting position by reversing the entire movement.
2. Lateral Raise to Bicep Curl: – Position the dumbbells next to your legs with elbows extended or holding a slight bend. Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Raise your arms out to the sides at shoulder height. – Hold dumbbells with both hands facing up so the wrists, elbows, and shoulders are in a straight line. Lift the dumbbells toward the shoulders while bending the elbows and keeping your arms close to the body. Slowly lower the weight to return to the starting position. Keep chest still, using just the arms for the movement.
3. Reverse Fly: – Stand with your feet hip-width apart and knees slightly bent. Hinge forward at the hips and let your arms hang straight down from your shoulders, palms facing your body. Raise both arms out to the sides as you squeeze your shoulder blades together. Return arms to starting position.
4. Row to Tricep Drip: – Place feet together, a slight bend at the knees, and hinge your upper body forward at the hips. Pull the dumbbell upwards, bending your elbow, and pulling your upper arm back. Keep your arm close to the side of your body and continue pulling the dumbbell upwards until you are unable to lift without rotating your torso. Lower the dumbbell to your starting position while maintaining a flat back and retracted (pulled back) shoulder position. – Place one hand on each dumbbell, wrists under shoulders, and palms facing each other. With your knees bent and feet planted, lift your hips up. Slowly bend the elbows to lower your body toward the floor, aiming not to let your hips drop too much (movement should come from the arms).
5. Shoulder Press (Supine position): – Lay flat on your back. Place your legs on a 90 degree angle and your feet flat on the ground. Bring your arms out to your side at a 90 degree angle. Pull your shoulders, elbows, and wrists toward the floor. With dumbbells in hand, push your arms up above your head parallel to one another, keeping your back flat against the floor, and then bring your arms back to starting position in 90 degree angle.
6. Skull Crusher (Supine position): – Lay flat on your back. Raise your arms parallel above your chest, keep your elbows straight but not locked. Lower both arms toward your head, bending your elbows to 90 degrees as the dumbbells reach the mat. Aim to lower your dumbbells so they are on either side of your head, elbows bent and pressing in toward your head. Raise your arms back to starting position.
If you you’d like to find out more about my consultations, membership program, health and fitness challenges, or anything else! I’d be honored to help in your journey.
FTC: As an affiliate for the companies below, I receive a small compensation if you purchase through these links, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever share products that I use, know, like, and trust.
Fabletics – New VIP Membership Exclusive: Get Your two first pairs of leggings for $24!
Dumbbells: Amazon Basics Dumbbell Set with Stand
BalanceFrom Dumbbell Set with Stand